Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 164: Little Doggies

I'm behind again at this point, so I'm just going to write. How I'm feeling, what I'm thinking, what's on my mind.

I read a blog that I won't mention the name of on here, mainly because I have no idea where I found it, but the Calgary-based writer was basically saying that women on the internet share their feelings too much. She said that if bloggers don't have a new idea to contribute, that they shouldn't be writing about anything. While I understand her point that there are many bloggers out there that share their feelings, their personal lives, their personal struggles, etc., and sometimes we probably don't really care, I feel like a blogger's motivation is what really matters.

Do I share my feelings? Absolutely. Do I share my mostly non-groundbreaking ideas and thoughts? Yes, I do. Do I do this to "make a name for myself"? Not at all. If I was trying to make a name for myself via this blog, I would probably put my real name, rather than a blogging name that I came up with back in 2004 when I decided to post a thought online about my 18-year-old broken heart. I think that her point is completely valid, provided someone is trying to build a career with the blog that they are posting. Then yes, keep it professional. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes meticulously. Make sure you are putting forward the best version of yourself online all the time.

My blog is meant to be a way for me to express how I'm feeling. This blog is meant to be a way for my family and friends to understand me more, see my thought processes in written form. And sometimes it's there to make people laugh. I hope I do these things.

Sometimes my blog is boring as hell and I have no exciting or interesting thoughts to put out there. But this blog is an online diary of sorts. If people don't like online-word vomit-style blogs, don't read them. Read intelligent ones made for career building.

I, however, will keep writing my little blog, despite the fact that I just throw sometimes incoherent, sometimes unintelligent, thoughts out there. I hope you all don't mind.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!