Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 152: Watermelon, Lime, Mango Argyle

I was bored with saying the conventional colours, so I opted to change them in favour of fruit names today.

I am really looking forward to summer. Now, I'm not the type of person that likes it to be scorching hot. The dislike of "scorching hot" likely stems from my ability to burn in about 5 minutes while out in the sun. I have incredibly fair, almost porcelain, skin. I am so white that I have avoided wearing shorts for most of my adult life because inevitably, someone brings up how white my legs are. It's embarrassing. I tanned for a couple months before I went to Cuba, just to get some colour so that I wouldn't become a tomato on day one while I was there. Let me tell you, even after all the tanning sessions, and all the freckles on my face coming out in full force, my legs were still not tanned. They had basically turned a bit of an ivory colour. Off-white. Really this is a frustrating thing. Once I had the base tan I still had to slather my entire body with sunscreen. Realistically, I could probably get a sunburn while wearing clothing that fully covers me. That's how bad it is.

The strangest part is that as a child I could tan like crazy. I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that I always played outside in the summer. As soon as Spring became semi-warm, I was out there on my bike, having tea parties on the lawn, playing in the trees, rollerblading...anything to get me out of the house. Now, I definitely don't spend as much time outdoors as I could. I think I will work on that this summer. I want to actively try to spend more time doing things outdoors. Now, I'm not going to go like rock climbing or do something totally off the cuff and unnatural for me, but I will work to not always be cooped up at home.

What life is it really to watch the sun through the window? I want to feel it on my face. I want the breeze in my hair. I want to enjoy the outdoors like I did as a kid.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!