Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 161: Burn Your Retinas Pink

Hot, hot, hot pink!

Sunday was a great day for me. I woke up bright and early at Randi's after girls night. I basically shot straight up in bed because I knew Krista had to be up early and when I opened my eyes the sun was already out. We ended up getting up at 8am. After lazing around for a bit and chatting with Randi, I took Krista home. We sat in the driveway and chatted for a little while and then she needed to go get ready for golfing. I needed to get ready for...nothing.

On the way home, I remembered that I wanted to buy some DVD racks at IKEA. $37, and a few things more than two DVD racks later, I came home. Everyone was out at church so I spent the day cleaning and organizing my room. I now have a giant box and a big bag of stuff to give away. I organized my closet shelves. I got rid of some trinkets. I finished going through all of my photos and only keeping the ones that have sentimental value to me. I went through a box and about 10 albums and came out with the box about 3/4 full and one album. Not bad, I'd say. I had a ridiculous amount of photos of, like, people's arms at concerts. You know when you try to take a picture of the band and someone sticks up their arm. I basically had the equivalent of two albums worth of that.

The worst part is that I brought all this stuff to BC with me when I went. Then I brought it back to Alberta. This has happened TWICE because I've technically moved to BC twice. That alone probably cost me extra gas money. And definitely cost me extra space.

Now I just need to go and drop these things off somewhere and my room will be on its way to being "spring cleaned".

Honestly, there is just something about unloading the stuff you don't want anymore that makes you feel lighter. Freer. Less claustrophobic. Wonderful!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!