Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 138: Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I've realized that I actually miss wearing some of my favourite socks. It's been 138 days of this blog. Well, more actually, considering the few times I've had to make it longer due to my inability to blog everyday when I'm stressed. And yeah, some of my favourite socks I wore near the beginning because they were ones I already owned. I have just under 200 days left of blogging and then I can wear some of my favourites again! I already have two piles of socks: the must keeps and the possible give-aways.

A friend brought up the idea of donating all of the socks to a charity, rather than Value Village or something like that. I'm going to look into that and see if there are any charities that bring socks to people overseas. Wouldn't that be sweet? I was thinking Toms (you know the shoes everyone is wearing now that if you buy a pair, they donate a pair to someone that needs shoes in a third-world country), anyways I was thinking maybe they have something sock related. And if they don't, hopefully I'll find something. Or maybe I'll just start my own sock recycling program to send to those that are in need. Hmmm...I will think about this!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!