Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 118: Pink Stripes

Confession time:

I have totally messed up the days of my socks lately. I was pulling clothes out of my laundry hamper to do some washing and realized that there were two pairs of socks that I didn't even take pictures of, but totally wore. So...I owe you a couple days. I will wash those ones and wear them again. How did I make such a disaster of my photo-taking/blogging? I am normally one of the most organized people I know. I am usually on time. I am usually ahead on homework. I am usually consistent. I am usually over-organized. I just realized the irony of that statement, at this moment, because my iTunes is currently playing "Silver Bells"...in April. Seriously, I'm a mess.

I didn't sleep last night because I stayed up late talking and then tossed and turned until the wee hours of the morning. I missed water workout this morning because I couldn't possibly get my butt out of bed after only 4 hours of sleep. I know how much homework I have. I know how stressed I am because I'm wearing it on my face -- in the form of disgusting pimples. It's like my face decided to be 13 years old and go through puberty all over again. What is going on?! On top of that, my reflux esophagitis is back. That's a fancy word for saying that when I'm stressed, my stomach produces so much acid that it makes me want to vomit. Unfortunately, I never get the sweet release of the act of vomiting. I just feel nauseous. All day. The nausea is made worse by caffeine, which is unfortunate because on days like today I need that stuff just to keep my eyes open.

So to sum this up:
I'm nauseous. I'm breaking out like a 13 year old. I'm running on four hours of sleep. I have a midterm on Monday. A quiz on Tuesday. A group meeting on Tuesday. I'm cutting my hair off for cancer on Wednesday. I have a presentation and a paper due on Friday. Then the week after that, I have a final project due (worth 40% of my mark), two more papers due and then two exams after that.

I want to puke.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, you can do it!!! Get some Prilosec or whatever equivalent they sell in Canada....that will help the reflux.....if you figure out the answer to the 13 year old face let me know (since Thursday my left lower face has been double the size of the right due to one nasty zit that decided to start deep below the skin and take days to even reach the surface...yes nothing like people at work asking if you have an abscessed tooth two days in a row; the first thing that would come to mind for dentists, of course.....and then the ever so rude comment: Aren't you a bit old for zits?). In other words, you aren't in this alone, I too suffer the side effects of STRESS and can probably tell you what doesn't work to rid of most of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!