Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 122: Surgery

These are the socks that were given to me by Dr. Liz Zubek. She said the patients at the hospital wear these. I figured it was fitting, since my hair was having surgery today. Please note that they are xxl adult size. The grips went higher than my ankle which was pretty cute. They were surprisingly comfortable though, despite them being much too large for my skinny feet.

Today was a day of firsts. I cut my hair shorter than my chin for the first time that I really remember. I know I had shorter hair as a kid, but I don't really remember the times that it was cut that way. The hair donation was a success. All of the hair was able to be donated! I was worried that some strands wouldn't be long enough, but they all were! And now I have a super cute little pixie cut that I LOVE. All my apprehension about the haircut was gone as soon as it was done. Even when she was still trimming it while it was wet, I just knew I would adore it. I will post a picture on here hopefully tomorrow, but it's much too late right now.

After that, I went to my first 'My Chemical Romance' concert. I definitely enjoyed it. Partly because I enjoy the people I went with so much, and partly because I like to dance/bounce around and their music definitely provides the opportunity for that. Most of the time I couldn't understand the words, like most live concerts if you don't know the songs previously. Also, the bass was too loud and was causing some feedback. Oh wait, I think that was during one of their opening band's sets. Regardless, there were a few annoying things, but overall it was a REALLY fun night!

Once I got home, I received my last 'first' in the mail...my first speeding ticket. :(
After such a fantastic day, that was a crappy thing to come home to. $124 for going 50km/h in a 30km/h zone. Stupid Elbow Drive and its ridiculously long playground zone. How inconvenient for me.

Now I head to bed because it's after midnight and I have to work at 8am.

Thanks again for all of your support for my hair donation. It is so very appreciated!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!