Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 63: Chicks and Stripes

These socks are totally cute and are from Liz! I really like them and they go with my orange sweater.

Friday was such a fun day! I got up at 5:15am to head to school for my deep water workout class. I love this class. It is so challenging, but refreshing at the same time. You can really go at your own pace and I like to push myself. I end up with a beet red tomato face and I'm sure I sweat, but I guess that just goes in the water. Kind of gross, but the chlorine probably helps to make it less gross. Maybe? I also love deep water workout because it means I get to see Kate at least once a week! Love it!

After working out I had a test in my Organizational Behaviour class. It wasn't really hard, just 25 multiple choice questions. After this class I went to Stats class. We were doing practice exercises and to be honest, I kind of...enjoyed it. There is something so satisfying about being able to produce the correct answer in any sort of mathematics based courses. At least it's satisfying for me. I feel like I've really accomplished something when I get the right answer because math is something that does not come really easily to me.

Friday afternoon I did an orientation downtown. I signed up for a Volunteer project where myself and about 6 other HR students will interview employers on behalf of an organization to see the employers' receptiveness to hiring from the homeless and/or those currently on welfare. It will be such a neat project and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Friday night I saw the movie Blue Valentine with Krista. This was a really hard movie for me to watch, as it turns out. I didn't think it would be difficult for me, but there were scenes in it that were just heart wrenching for me because of things that have happened in my own life. It made me appreciate my family and appreciate and possibly more fully understand the decisions that my family has had to make along the way. I think it just gave me a much broader understanding of falling out of love with people, divorce and even the scary world of vices and how dangerous they can be.

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!