Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 49: Angels

Amanda gave me Angel socks for Christmas and I chose to wear them today. I figured I needed all the help I could get in order to have the Chair of the HR Department decide to let me drop accounting this semester. Well, it worked! I officially do not have to take accounting this semester. I can take it in the fall. I am so glad that worked out. She was actually a really nice lady and I enjoyed talking with her.

Unfortunately, this afternoon was really not so lucky in the angel socks. I came home from school and did some laundry. I got to talk to my Mom on the phone, which was really nice since she was in Mexico for the last week. But with the phone call came some bad news:

My sweet little dog, Pekoe, might have cancer. Sort of ironic since just this week I started raising money for the Canadian Cancer Society so I can donate my hair to be made into wigs for women with cancer. I know it's not quite the same, but it seems strange to all happen in the same week. Pekoe has a small growth on his chest/back that he will need to get a biopsy done on to check if it is for sure cancer. Once they know what we're dealing with I'll have to make some decisions. I'm a disaster about it all right now. I'm such an emotional person that it's really a curse sometimes. I get all ahead of myself and bawl my eyes out before I really know anything, like now. I'm so worried for him and the last thing I would ever want is for him to be in any kind of pain. I am just praying that they will know as soon as possible so I can figure out what to do.

I love this dog with all my heart. I feel like if I were to lose him it would be like losing a family member. Again, getting ahead of myself since I don't know yet if it's even cancer, but it's hard to separate a possible diagnosis from a true diagnosis in your mind when you are scared.

Anyways, keep the Peeks and I in your thoughts and prayers if you can. I'd appreciate it.

xo
<3 him. :(

2 comments:

  1. oh no! I am so sad my angel socks ended up being worn on such a crappy day. :( I'm sorry to hear this news, I hope it's NOT cancer. In a year when you wear these socks again I really hope you have a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and my little buddy, Pekoe de Freako Martini!!! I know it is hard, but do your best to think positive. My aunt's dog had growths and a needle aspiration revealed they were lipomas...benign fatty lumps. Eventually they had to be removed but for quite a few years they just kept an eye on them. Keep me updated and if you need a shoulder to cry on (via the telephone), let me know and I will give you a call:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!