Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 57: Bowling Shoes

Saturday was a super fun day! Well, at least the evening was super fun. In the morning I slept in, which is always delightful. I then went to Starbucks to get some studying done. I have found that a Starbucks near my house is rarely busy and it's the perfect spot for studying because of it. I spent hours doing Stats homework and preparing for my quiz that's on Tuesday. It was really very boring, but at least I got all of my Stats homework and now I'm caught up on that for now.

Then I spent some time reading a chapter for my Compensation and Benefits class. I absolutely love this class. I didn't think I'd really be into the Compensation and Benefits side of HR, but honestly, I think it's more interesting to me than even interviewing was. I like them both, but if I had to choose one or the other I'm sure I'd choose Comp. and Benefits.

After this I got ready to go bowling with a group of friends! It was so much fun. All the ladies wore purple and we did boys vs girls. It ended up being a tie as the boys won the first round and the girls won the second round. Possibly rematch might be in order! Once bowling was done we went to Limericks and then to Krista's house.

Krista's house was my favourite part of the night as we drank wine, played sociables, and then decided to play sardines. I haven't played sardines since I was in church youth group. For those that don't know how it works, all the lights are off and one person hides and then everyone looks for them. But instead of calling them out like regular hide-and-seek, once you find the person you have to hide with them wherever they are hiding until the last person finds the group. When it was my turn, I hid in the shower. As one of my friends found me and came to sit down in the shower with me, he accidentally smacked my nose with his arm and I instantly got a bleeding nose. It was quite comical as I freaked out in need of toilet paper while sitting on the floor of a shower surrounded by other people in the dark. Luckily my friends took great care of me after it happened and I ended up being back to normal in no time!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!