Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 43: Dancing Shoes!

While I had an amazing time throughout this day, my feet were preparing for the evening the whole day through.

Saturday was SUCH an interesting day. I'm going to try to do the Coles Notes version because it's 10:30pm already, I have work and school tomorrow, and I have one more blog post to do because I am behind!

Saturday early afternoon I ended up having coffee with Joy at Starbucks. While Joy was talking I noticed a guy (probably about 18-20ish in age) wave at me from where he was waiting for his drink. I smiled politely, but mentioned to Joy that I did not know who he was at all. The boy was sort of talking to himself and rocking back and forth. Once he received his drink he came and stood semi-awkwardly by our table.The conversation went like this:
Him: "Your hair."
Me: (chuckling) "Umm...what about it?"
Him: "I like it!"
Me: "Oh! Thank you!"
He then went over to the side to get a lid for his drink and came back and said "Who are you?" Me: "What do you mean?"
Him: "What's your name?"
Me: "My name is Lydia."
Him: (shakes my hand) "Hi. I'm Vaughn."
Me: "Well, it's very nice to meet you, Vaughn."
Him: "You too."
Then he left and the lady at the table beside me said, "Aww...you have a fan!"

It was honestly just adorable. I think people should be bold like Vaughn and just put themselves out there - so cute!

After that Joy and I headed over to Lindsay's lingerie shower. For those that aren't aware a lingerie shower is where women bring gifts of lingerie for the bride-to-be. It was fun and really nice to see some people that I haven't seen in a while. Once that and dinner were over, I headed over to Krista's house.

Krista and I went to Randi and Nick's place for a DANCE PARTY. Saturday was my first time ever playing Kinect and it was SO fun! I totally loved it and am absolutely floored at the technology that is out now. It's come so far from when I used to play Duck Hunt on my original Nintendo in my bedroom on a humongous old TV that probably weighed 50 pounds (at least!). The dance party was totally great (think N*SYNC, Spice Girls, Lady Gaga)! I also really enjoyed the company of all of the people there! It's so fun to make new friends and get to know more people, more in depth. Very cool people, very fun time.

I am on to my blog post for Sunday!

xo  

1 comment:

  1. Um. I need these socks. Like, not kidding. I HAVE to have them. No question. I'll... buy them? Or steal them. I NEED them.

    ReplyDelete

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!