Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 75: Dreaded Toe Socks

Only because I love Nici would I wear these socks. And also because they are cute.

As many of you know (at least the people that have been reading from the beginning), I hate toe socks. When Nici sent me a giant package of socks these socks came with it as the "I bought you all these nice presents, but you have to wear these ones once too" pair. So, today was the day.

I still hate toe socks. Regardless of the adorable factor, my toes just don't fit properly in them. Either I have very strangely shaped toes or the toes on the socks are too long. The baby toes had a good two centimetres of extra fabric hanging off the end. That makes for an uncomfortable day.

Speaking of uncomfortable things...my car died today. Only momentarily, but it's starting to drive me crazy. A few weeks ago it kept dying when I would be slowly driving around the parking lot at school. It will be going along just fine and then it's like it just shorts out and it stalls itself. No chugging, no warning -- just dies. It was not terrible though, because it was only happening in a parking lot at school.

Well today, it happened on an off ramp in rush hour traffic. There I was driving along, singing my little heart out to the song on the radio, and I looked down and realized that my car just died. I had to steer over to the side of the road and put my hazard lights on. This was problem number two -- only half of my hazard lights work. So when I turn my hazard lights on, it actually just looks like I want to turn to the right. That was fabulous. So I kept the 'hazard' lights on and turned on my left hand turn signal so that it would at least look like hazards. Then I waited about a minute, tried to start my car again and it started up no problem. I don't understand this issue that it's having. I googled it and it seems that this is a somewhat common problem in Pontiac Sunfires, but no one has a definitive answer as to what the problem usually is. They all come to different conclusions and some appear to have never been able to figure it out even after replacing a whole bunch of parts. So frustrating. As a student, I do not have money for a new car and to be honest, I don't even have money to fix this one. Pray for me people! I've been hoping this car will last me until I graduate, so I need three more years out of this baby, Ginger (that's her name).

I now need to sleep so that I am all rested up for work tomorrow.

xo

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww you are a good sport for trying them and sorry you had such a bad day with Ginger!!!! You can give the toe socks back to me and if I hate them I will mail you one sock back and we will do a simultaneous burning-of-the-toe-socks ceremony to rid of them forever;) Even if they are cute!

    ReplyDelete

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!