Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 71: Happy Faces and Stripes

I have to confess that I have worn these socks before. This is one of the pairs that I wore during that 3-day stretch of me being really sick. After not blogging for those three days I decided to just extend my blog rather than trying to play catch up. So the first time I wore these, it wasn't a fabulous experience considering how brutal of a cold I had. But this time wearing them more than made up for the last time.

In the morning I woke up super late, for me. I woke up at 10am, but lazed around and stayed in bed until 11am when I finally dragged myself out from underneath those gloriously warm covers. I talked to my Mommy after I woke up for about half an hour or so while I was getting ready to go out. I miss my Mom so much. It's hard because for so long (6 years) she was the person I told everything to. While I was in BC it was strange if we went a day or two without seeing each other. We would drive into work together, see each other at work, drive home together and often see each other on some evenings and weekends too. I adore my Mom. I think she is the bravest, strongest, most beautiful woman I know and I am incredibly lucky to be able to call her 'Mom'.

After our phone chat I went to Starbucks and studied with Rebecca for a while. I didn't get much done because my mind was all over the place for some reason. I am sincerely hoping to get a lot more done today. Later, Joy came and joined us at Starbees and she mentioned a concert at her school that evening. So at 7pm Joy and I went to the school concert. It was a girl that is in their music program that was putting on her own show. It was really good. She even did 'Heartbreaker' by Pat Benatar and managed to not butcher it. I was appreciative of that. It's a dream of mine to sing like an 80's rocker chick. Especially Pat Benatar.

After the concert Joy and I drove around and went for a "joy ride" -- see that pun? Anyways, we drove around for a little bit because the movie we were going to see didn't start until 9:30. At 9:30 we saw the movie "The King's Speech". I just need to explain how much I adore Colin Firth. I think it all started the first time I watched Bridget Jones' Diary. His version of Mark Darcy was spot on. He was sexy, mysterious, and loved Bridget "just as she is". Swoon. Then came Love, Actually. Oh my word his character in that movie with his dishevelled, jilted, lost author persona. Delightful! And then he falls in love and learns her language just to ask her to marry him. Then came Pride and Prejudice. I realize this came out before either of the movies I mentioned, but the first time I saw his Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice was last year. He is such an incredible actor. The King's Speech is no exception. In fact, all the award recognition he is getting for this movie is completely justified. If he doesn't win the Oscar for Best Actor, I will be really disappointed. Not just because I have some sort of twisted crush on a man that is old enough to be my father, but because he truly deserves to win that award for his incredible performance. If you have not seen this movie -- DO. It's worth the $12 ticket.

I heart Colin Firth. If anyone knows someone like him that's my age...I must meet him. And marry him.

That is all.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!