Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 69: Neon Polka Dots

Nici, I love these socks! I love polka dots and I love bright colours. Amazing!

Thursday was an absolutely insane day at work! Mallory and I were working hard when Mallory realized she needed to go to the bathroom. She went to the back and came back up front really soon after and said that the women's washroom door was locked, so the other female we work with must be in there. A good five minutes later she went back again. Same thing; still locked. This seemed unusual and that's when we realized that the other lady we work with was, in fact, not in in the bathroom at all. The door was just locked. We went on a mad hunt for any set of keys that we could find to try in the door. No luck. At this point Mal and I both had to go to the bathroom. So brave Mallory armed herself with paper towel and Orange-scented Lysol and went into the men's washroom. I stood guard at the door. Once she was done, we switched places. At lunch time a few of the guys at work decided to try and break into the women's washroom for us. Seriously, in a group of about 10 people, not one of us knew how to pick a lock. So instead, they used a crowbar type deal. First attempt had the door swing open, but it shut again. Luckily the next try it opened (with minimal damage!) and they were able to unlock it. Thank goodness. Us ladies take our washrooms for granted sometimes, I think. Be thankful!!!

There were a whole series of unfortunate happenings on Thursday at work. The ladies washroom was just the beginning. All I can say is hooray for women's toilets, heating that works, and realizing my own silly mistakes when trying to send faxes! :)

xo

1 comment:

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!