Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 70: Brown bows

These socks came from Kate! She gave them to me when I saw her right after we both got back from our Christmas/New Year's vacations and met up after school one day. I thought it would be fitting to wear these socks on a day that I was seeing Kate. Kate and I get up dark (it's not bright at that time) and early every Friday morning in order to torture ourselves via Deep Water Bootcamp. Surprisingly, we both actually really enjoy this class! It may be early (6:15am), but we get to chat before and after the class and we get to work our butts off (literally!) super early in the morning and then don't have to worry about working out for the remainder of the day. I love that this class gives Kate and I a set time once a week to see each other and get caught up on each other's lives.

I find lately that I get really bogged down with school. When I was in BC, some evenings I would be totally bored because I lived on my own, was only working and often friends were busy with their own things to do each night. Here in Calgary, I'm finding that I don't even have time for all the things I would like to do and all the people I would like to see more regularly because I'm in school and working part time. My spare time now mainly goes to studying. Although, it is really nice to have friends that like to just sit and study with me. Even if you aren't talking, it's nice to just have people around.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!