Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 25: Everyday & Butterflies; Day 26: Frogs


This is a double-entry day. I couldn't blog yesterday because my Saturday was just too crazy busy!

Saturday morning bright and early I woke up and went to the airport. I think it is comical that WestJet now has you print your own baggage tag, so really all they do is weigh it and then the belt moves it along. The best part is that it's not very descriptive as to how you should peel and stick it, and they don't tell you at that point which part you are supposed to keep. Needless to say I pulled the wrong pieces off and the lady stared at me like I had two heads. If you don't want people to mess it up, don't make them do it themselves!

My Mom picked me up at the airport and we cried when we saw each other. Oh man, did I ever miss her. Five months without my Mom nearby has been tough on me since I've had her around for so long now. We spent the day together, shopping, talking, laughing, catching up. I adore that my relationship with my Mom is so open. I can talk to her about anything and we appreciate each other's sense of humour and always have a great time together. I couldn't ask for a better Mom than the one that I have. 

After we hung out we came home and I got to see my Stepdad, Grandparents, and Jake and Jezebel (the dogs). Mom, Craig and I then got ready to go to the work Christmas Party. Since I worked for them for most of this year it was alright that I went too. It was so much fun! I have missed everyone at work and I had a great time dancing and catching up. It's hard to really catch up in any sort of depth when there are so many people around (and games and dancing), but I did the best I could and hope to see most of them again sometime this week! 

Today Amy came and picked me up and we went out for a coffee before church. We talked and it literally felt like no time had gone by since the last time we saw each other. At church I was able to see many friends and even hold one of the cutest little babies, Sawyer. It was the church's kids Christmas concert. A little boy in the choir was trying to copy Julia (who was conducting) so he was pointing his hands all over the place and I was totally enjoying watching him. So adorable and unintentionally funny! 

After church Amy, Andrea, Julia and I went for brunch/lunch and had great chats! After lunch Andrea, Amy and I went back to Amy's house and hung out for a while and talked. There was much to say and four month's worth of stories to hear about and to tell!

After that Amy and I went to some show homes for fun and took pictures in them. So awesome! We found a fire hydrant dressed up as Santa Claus and I think it was one of the best pictures of the day. After house shopping we went for a long drive and ended up eating dinner at The Keg. Then I went over to Al and Sandy's house because my Mama was there and I got to see them and some of their lovely family and their new (completely adorable) little puppy, Nya. 

I feel like I have missed a lot since I've been gone, but I still know that I am doing what I'm supposed to do for me right now. I know that I want to come back to BC when I'm done my schooling, but like Amy said tonight: now that I'm here, I see what I've been missing. 

Can't wait to enjoy the rest of this trip and get together with many more people and see what the days hold!

xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!