Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 12: Black and Grey


Black and Grey socks were my choice today as I'm wearing a black shirt and dark jeans. No, I'm not 'Emo'. I just really love black clothing. These socks were another pair that I got from Christmas at some point, but I don't remember the specific year.

I've been thinking about something that continues to intrigue me. Why do I feel like food is so much better when someone else makes it? I love dining out. I love restaurants. I love the making yourself 'presentable' aspect. I'm not sure if it's that the restaurants have perfected the recipes, but I do love a good meal. I am not a chef, and that is why I hope one day to be swept off my feet by a prince charming that can cook well! I can put a meal together and I can follow a recipe, but I don't find great joy in cooking meals. It constantly baffles me that I will pay $5 for a tuna wrap when I could have made the exact same thing at home, and it probably would have tasted just as good, if not better. 

Although cooking is not my forte, I do enjoy cooking with friends and family. And I definitely enjoy baking. Baking is fun to me. Cooking you have to be creative and try to come up with better ways to make a dish whereas with baking you follow the recipe exactly and it turns out perfectly. I am a detail person. I don't see the big picture, I see the small details, and I think that is why I enjoy baking more than cooking. 

Now to just keep practicing both...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!