Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 13: Hungry Cat


How fitting that on the day I went to search for a sweater for Krista's 'Ugly Christmas Sweater' party that I am wearing socks that would terrify the poor girl. My socks today have a lovely hungry cat that is baring its teeth at the little fishies! This is my own rendition of the socks:
This is what happens when I don't have classes all day to keep me occupied. Silly girl.

Today I went to Value Village to scrounge for an ugly Christmas sweater among their racks. I feel that whenever you want something Christmasy it is never there. However, I went there and tried on at least 10 shirts/sweaters and there were a few that I could choose from. I narrowed it down to two in the end and had a hard time deciding. Do I go to the party and be one of those girls that wears a red turtleneck, with a semi-ugly wrap, but still looks pretty cute? Or do I go to the party in something unbelievably hideous and look totally ridiculous? I opted for the latter. And I bought a couple brooches, just to make it extra terrible. On Saturday or Sunday, I'll put up a pic of my Christmas Party attire. I refer to it affectionately as the "ethnically confused" sweater. And I love it.

xo

2 comments:

  1. So funny, the first thin I thought of when I read this was "those socks are scary"... it's been a cat filled day here at work. I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thin... shoot. Thing.

    ReplyDelete

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!