Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 113: Flower Power

Funny story about these socks is that I actually wore them for Saturday and Sunday, by accident. I slept with them on, on Saturday night. And then Sunday I just didn't really think about it. I even had other socks to change into, but I forgot. At the end of the day on Sunday I was thinking to myself, "hmmm...how do I explain this to the sock blog?" Hopefully that won't happen again because 1) the idea is that I wear different socks every day and 2) it's gross.

Something that's been on my mind recently is a quote I once heard said by Hugh Jackman. I know I've shared this quote with some of you personally before. I was watching one of those cheesy 'get to know the stars' type shows. Something ET Canada-esque, but not that one. Hugh Jackman was being interviewed and he said that his Grandmother used to quote an old saying that "For a marriage to work, the man must love the woman just a little bit more than she loves him." I thought it was the sweetest quote and it has stuck with me. I don't necessarily believe it to be true. However, I do think there is merit to a man being completely head-over-heels, enamoured with his wife. All too often we see men in movies and TV being portrayed as these cheating, lying scumbag types. I definitely know that not all men are like that, but I do hope that a significant portion of men are the 'crazy in love with you' type. That's so cute.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!