Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 198: Meeowww


I'm adding a secondary title to this blog post: A World of Possibilities. Maybe that should be primary and "Meeowww" should be secondary, but too bad. The title on the blog has to match the socks. It's the rules.

Going with the idea of my secondary title though, I am seriously feeling the world of possibilities with the new job I've started. It's with a much larger company than any I have ever worked for before. For some, a large company is hell. They don't like being "just a number". I, however, don't mind at all. There are social committees to join, nice people in the cubicles around me, and a LOT of people to talk to on any given day, if I make the effort. The other reason I'm enjoying this job is the job itself. I have learned so much already and it's only been three days. My Manager and I have talked about all of the areas I will be working in, and some projects I'll be working on, and I am excited for it all!

The reason this opens up a world of possibilities is that they have already made it clear that they would like to hire me for my next two co-op work terms. Not having to job search it out and fumble around with those awkward first few days again makes me love the idea. Also, I'll get to travel again, which I love. It will mainly be in the Western Canada region (West being everything West of Ontario). It's no London, England, but this is the kicker. They have offices all over the world. So when I graduate, I have the potential to be hired at any of their offices. Anywhere. In. The. World. Well, practically. How amazing would that be?! I also have the potential to learn the ins and outs of an entire business and culture while I'm still in school so that when I graduate, a promotion is much more of a possibility.

I know, I'm gushing here, but I can't get over how this amazing job basically fell into my lap. Sometimes things are just meant to be.

Here's to hoping my rose-coloured glasses aren't shattered in the near future!

Oh yeah, and I started school again. As much as I know it's taking me places, my response to that is "ho hum".

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Write me your thoughts, hopes, and dreams here!