Monday, October 10, 2011
Day 202: Lemon-Limeade
To commemorate Thanksgiving on this Monday, October 10, 2011, I thought I would write ten things that I am thankful for.
1) Food. My brother, Chris, laughed at me when I said this at the Thanksgiving dinner table. But seriously, I love food and I am grateful that I have access to this whenever I want. There are many in the world that do not have such a luxury.
2) School. I complain about this all the time. I complain about homework, I complain about the cost, I complain about my professors, but I am lucky to be able to attend school that will one day bring me the possibility of the career I desire.
3) My job. I am gaining experience in HR, while going to school for HR. What more could I ask for?
4) Family. I appreciate my family. I appreciate all they have done for me and all they continue to do for me. We may not agree on many things in life, we may be very different people from one another, but I have no doubt in my mind the depth of my family's love for, and faith in, me. And I hope that each and every one of them sees the depth of my love for, and faith in, them. I truly don't believe I would be the person I've become without the help and direction my family has consistently provided.
5) Slippers/Shoes. My feet are always cold. I really appreciate items that keep me warm. And really, shoes are just so cute.
6) My laptop. Being "plugged in" 24/7 is important to me. Whether it's a manifestation of being a part of Gen Y, or just a constant need to be nosy, I appreciate the connectedness to the world that my laptop provides me.
7) Men. Being single is fabulous, but being single wouldn't be half as fun without having the ability to wonder about men with other single girlfriends. So for that, I thank men. Thank you for being confusing, maddening as hell and all around a complete puzzle. Life cannot be boring if men continue to be a part of it.
8) "Me" Moments. I cherish time alone to sort out ideas in my head, discover who I really am, spend hours doing nothing, spend extended periods of time in my pajamas and not put on any make-up. "Me" time is important to my sanity.
9) Sponsor Children. Receiving letters from my sponsor kids brightens my day. Sometimes they draw me pictures, sometimes they tell me how thankful they are for me, and sometimes they ask me what my favourite crayon colour is (yellow, if you're wondering). They are both adorable and 10 years old. One is a girl named Carmen from the Dominican Republic. The other is a boy from Columbia named Camilo. I have kept every one of both of their letters and try to write back as often as I can.
10) Showers/baths. Both have their merits. They make me feel clean. I smell so nice when I get out. They are warm (or super hot) and relaxing. Sometimes when I'm stressed, the only thing that helps is a shower, or a bath, and crawling into bed. Tonight, after studying basically all day, that's where I'm headed.
There are many other things that I am very thankful for that are not mentioned in this list, but this is a pretty good list nonetheless.